Tuesday, June 29, 2010

It Obviously Runs in the Family

My mom’s side of the family is always full of jokes. They are pull pranks on each other and say smart comments to each other all the time. Naturally, I experienced this as I was growing up since this behavior was transmitted to our immediate family. With that said – it apparently has also been transmitted to Juan Ma. Here’s the story of how I got a dose of my own medicine this morning:

This morning Juan Ma was flying out at 10:00am from Atlanta airport. He and Michelle came to our house last night to spend the night (half way to the airport). As they were setting their alarm we were discussing morning traffic in Atlanta and whether they should leave the house at 6:30am or 6:00am to be at the airport by 8:00am. They ended up leaving the house at 6:15am.

At 7:54am this morning I send a text to Juan Ma: Hola Juan Ma! Where about are y’all?
At 8:09am he replied: Stuck in traffic.

I flipped out in my head. All I could think about was how stressed Michelle must be. And how he might miss his flight. And are they in traffic at Stonecrest where traffic bottle necks? Or are they already at 285?

Right when I was thinking about whether or not I should call them to find out the answers to the above my phone rings… it’s Juan Ma calling and the time is 8:09am.

Fern: Juan Ma – where ARE y’all??????
Juan Ma: at the airport about to check in
Fern: ……………
Juan Ma: did I scare you?
Fern: YES!
Juan Ma: hahahahahahahha

2 comments:

Tad and Kris said...

Sounds like gullibility might run in it as well... :) I love how he called though to see if he scared you...

Unknown said...

I remember this! haha

Family Picture 2020

Family Picture 2020

Family Picture 2019

Family Picture 2019

Family Picture 2017

Family Picture 2017

Family Picture 2016

Family Picture 2016

Family Picture 2015

Family Picture 2015

Christmas Picture 2011

Christmas Picture 2011

Family Picture 2009

Family Picture 2009
Thanks for reading! Come back Soon!