Friday, July 2, 2010

Screen Door

Tonight Norm and I went out to dinner to a local pizza restaurant and we sat outside (as we usually do when it's not raining and we are dining out anytime between March and October). To our surprise there happen to be a guy by the name of Scott playing his acoustic guitar.

He did some covers and some original songs. One of the songs he sang/played was about Georgia and all the things that are dear to the deep south. One of the lines mentions something about the sound of a screen door slam.

This stuck with me - the sound of a screen door slamming is so particular - to me is almost freeing and goes hand in hand with the inexplicable feelings. I happen to have grown up - although it was in Peru and not Georgia - with the sound of a screen door slam.

One day I will have a screen door in my house... and it will slam... and I will smile.

No comments:

Family Picture 2020

Family Picture 2020

Family Picture 2019

Family Picture 2019

Family Picture 2017

Family Picture 2017

Family Picture 2016

Family Picture 2016

Family Picture 2015

Family Picture 2015

Christmas Picture 2011

Christmas Picture 2011

Family Picture 2009

Family Picture 2009
Thanks for reading! Come back Soon!