Saturday, September 4, 2010

Happy Birthday Opa

Today was my grandpa's birthday - we would have turned 90. Although I was only 13 when he passed away after a long and tough battle against cancer, I have many fond memories of him.

One thing I particularly remember is how he enjoyed his birthday. It seems like there was always some sort of family event taking place on his birthday - for example my brother's confirmation was on Opa's birthday. I always had wanted to get married on Opa's birthday, but due to various reasons, September 4 was not a feasible date at the moment.

There are more things I remember. I remember how he was always the life of the party, how his family was top priority regardless of the circumstances at hand, how he worked hard and fair to get to where he got and provide the best for all those around him, how much he enjoyed traveling and eating, how he ate yogurt and oatmeal and fruit at breakfast (every day), how whenever he got mad you wanted to be far far far away because things were about to get ugly, how he was big, tall, loud and intimidating (to those who didn't know him).

How I wish he would've lived longer than 73 years... Fortunato Manuel Migone - I miss you!

No comments:

Family Picture 2020

Family Picture 2020

Family Picture 2019

Family Picture 2019

Family Picture 2017

Family Picture 2017

Family Picture 2016

Family Picture 2016

Family Picture 2015

Family Picture 2015

Christmas Picture 2011

Christmas Picture 2011

Family Picture 2009

Family Picture 2009
Thanks for reading! Come back Soon!