Saturday, July 25, 2009

Away

We always hear the phrase "where there's a will, there's a way" - this is so true! I came down to Lima last week to be with my mom and help her as she recuperates after going through a terrible infection and complications with the diabetes (which invovled 8 days of hospitalization... I arrived for the last 4)

Before coming down I was concerned about how things were going to play out and what my role in the process was going to be. I was also worried about not knowing "the ropes" of the systems here in Peru, not being familiar with diabetes, not knowing the doctors, etc. Basically I was jumping in to a situation that had already been rolling and I was supposed to pick up the ball and keep going.

It really is amazing how when we want to make something work, we find a way of making it work. This sometimes involves not knowing all the ins and outs, or having all the answers, from the very begining. I think that a key component in order to succeed in situations like these is trust in God. Trust that He will help us make the correct decisions, trust that He will help us adapt and understand quickly (in my situation, I had to quickly understand the difficult medical terms and learn the difficult names of the medicines (and what each was for)... why can't medicines have simple names?)

As human beings, we can manage way more than what we think we are capable of. Many times we are held back by our fears of the unknown.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh no!
I hope your mom feels better soon. You are a good daughter :)

Family Picture 2020

Family Picture 2020

Family Picture 2019

Family Picture 2019

Family Picture 2017

Family Picture 2017

Family Picture 2016

Family Picture 2016

Family Picture 2015

Family Picture 2015

Christmas Picture 2011

Christmas Picture 2011

Family Picture 2009

Family Picture 2009
Thanks for reading! Come back Soon!