Monday, February 13, 2017

About to Pop

I have never been one to make small talk with random strangers, unlike my mom who makes "line friends". Yes, "line friends" are exactly that, friends she makes while she is standing in line.

Because I don't care for small talk - I have developed a wall over the past 20-some years to where strangers (usually) won't even talk to me - which is great.

Except for when I am pregnant. Not only does my wall crumble and I can't keep the strangers away, but then I become a (growing) magnet for complete random people to burst out complete random things. For some reason people just cannot control the urge to talk to pregnant women.

Twice in one week, I've received the same comment: "Girl, you look like you are about to POP!". Which grant it, I do look like I am about to pop. But I am 5' 2" and have a small frame, where do people want my baby to go if it's not out in front of me?
29 weeks down - 11 more to go
But why would anyone in their right mind think/feel that is an appropriate thing to say to anyone? I do have to admit that both women have followed their magnificent conversation starter with "when are you due" and when I calmly answer "the end of April" their jaws dropped and they became speechless... which then became a double win for me as I carried on. 

Why can't folks be like the lady I encountered the other day at a restaurant (as I was getting ready to stuff my face with these burgers). She came up to me and said "Honey, when are you due?" so I answered. She then asked "do you know if you are having a boy or a girl?" so I answered. Then she smiled really big, pointed to a man across the restaurant and said "my husband told me you were having a boy by the way you are carrying your belly! You look beautiful! Best of luck, have a blessed day" and off she went. 

That I didn't mind. But if I get one more "you look like you are about to POP", I just may pop them right then and there.

No comments:

Family Picture 2020

Family Picture 2020

Family Picture 2019

Family Picture 2019

Family Picture 2017

Family Picture 2017

Family Picture 2016

Family Picture 2016

Family Picture 2015

Family Picture 2015

Christmas Picture 2011

Christmas Picture 2011

Family Picture 2009

Family Picture 2009
Thanks for reading! Come back Soon!