Wow - August came and went and there is not a single post to account for our lives during the Dog Days of Summer.
Webster defines "Dog Days" as:
1. the period between early July and early September when the hot sultry weather of summer usually occurs. 2. a period of stagnation or inactivity
Well, the blog might have been stagnant and inactive, but for us August has been far from it. Starting with:
- had to evict the tenant (long story, call me if you want all of it)
- house still not rented (beautiful 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom, fully fenced in, call me if you want it)
- Norm went to Palm Beach Gardens for work
- Norm's car broke down in St. Augustine because the engine blew
- we opted to get a new engine instead of buying a new car, which was lots of $$ but less than if we had bought a new car
- while Norm was gone I stayed home and was a single parent for one week of the two he was gone
- my mom and Juan came to visit for one week, which was very lovely and helpful
- got to see my friend Natasha in Augusta one of those weekends thanks to Pam, who came to the rescue on watching Pellet and Cali when our regular dog sitter couldn't watch them
- being a single parent of 2 furry friends was not fun
- engine didn't come in on time, so the car had to stay in Florida when Norm came home
- Norm and I shared a car for a week which involved lots of driving for both of us
- coordinated the borrowing of a car from our dear friends Eric and Kerrie (shout out!)
- work has been very busy and dramatic (long story again, call me if you want all of it)
- which has resulted in long days for both of us, specially for Norm
- Norm's car was finally ready so we picked it up yesterday (went to St. Augustine for the day)
- on the way back, right as we passed Cordele on I-75, Norm got pulled over going 19 over... in a construction zone.... (for those of you who are unaware, as we were before last night, law enforcement is quite strong in that area, so if you ever find yourself traveling through there, you've been warned).
So, as we say in Spanish "Agosto cerro con broche de oro", look it up, I'm having a hard time translating it.
I'm happy August is over and now we can move on to Birthday Month!
Here are some pictures of the dogs when Norm was gone.... Pellet would wait for him by the garage door.... it was quite a sad site:
When I would come home, they had been so lonely, that they would be attached to my hip. Here they are sitting right up against the chair I was sitting on: