Saturday, September 3, 2011

Do You Boil It?

This morning I went to the grocery store and among the items I purchased were plantains. I am going to put out a little disclaimer stating that I get quite annoyed when the cashier lady/bagger person comment on the items I am purchasing. I don't mind small talk about the weather, the holiday weekend or whatever, but small talk on the stuff I'm buying is something I have very little to no patience for.

With that in mind, as the cashier rings up the plantains, the bagger boy kicks off a conversation:

Boy: what do you do with those? do you boil them?
Me (puzzled): I guess you can boil them, but I fry them.
Boy: you fry bananas?
Me: well, they are not bananas, they are plantains, they are different
Boy: why don't you just eat them raw?
Me: you're not supposed to
Boy: they will make you sick?
Me (at this point, I am besides myself due to this conversation): I guess they will make you sick, besides, they are nasty if you don't cook them.

Silence as he finishes the bagging and I pay. He offers to help me take my things to the car, which I politely decline. He follows it by: Have fun frying your fruit!

Have fun frying your FRUIT? what?!?

After all that, I walk out to the parking lot and can't find my car... yes, I lost my car at the grocery store parking lot. At one point, a lady who was loading up her groceries notices me standing with my hands full of bags and I get the urge to explain: I have lost my car. She replies: I notice.

......................

I found my car - eventually - two rows over.

No comments:

Family Picture 2020

Family Picture 2020

Family Picture 2019

Family Picture 2019

Family Picture 2017

Family Picture 2017

Family Picture 2016

Family Picture 2016

Family Picture 2015

Family Picture 2015

Christmas Picture 2011

Christmas Picture 2011

Family Picture 2009

Family Picture 2009
Thanks for reading! Come back Soon!