Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Friendship Awareness

"In everyone's life, at some time, our inner fire goes out. It is then burst into flame by an encounter with another human being. We should all be thankful for those people who rekindle the inner spirit." Albert Schweitzer

Earlier this week I came across this quote at work (I am working with a member who is planning a birthday party for his wife, and he wanted this quote printed on the menu cards).

Although I don’t necessarily agree with it on the spiritual side of things, I do think it’s a beautiful quote when seen under the friendship light. Every friendship touches our lives in different ways. Are we aware of that? Are we thankful for it?

Some friendships allow us to laugh, others to cry, other friendships serve as role models, others allow us to grow spiritually, grow as a person, others to grow externally (due to eating, mainly), and others help us enjoy the everyday life.

This quote has increased my friendship awareness and I am thankful for each one of my friends (who some happen to be my relatives!) – they are all a part of who I am today.

Family Picture 2020

Family Picture 2020

Family Picture 2019

Family Picture 2019

Family Picture 2017

Family Picture 2017

Family Picture 2016

Family Picture 2016

Family Picture 2015

Family Picture 2015

Christmas Picture 2011

Christmas Picture 2011

Family Picture 2009

Family Picture 2009
Thanks for reading! Come back Soon!