Friday, March 20, 2015

Surprise! -- Sort Of

Yesterday my wonderful co-workers threw a Baby Shower lunch for me (for Benjamin...). It was supposed to be a surprise, until yesterday morning, the kitchen ruined the surprise by asking me what type of flat bread I wanted for my event... it went like this:

Sous Chef: "for your lunch event today, you want the mushroom flat bread, right?"
Me: "I don't have an event today... but yes, I do love the mushroom flat bread"
Sous Chef: "yes, you know? your event today!"

Then my boss and co-worker interjected and explained what was happening... apparently "nobody" told Sous Chef that it was a surprise........... I'm sure they did, kitchen just lives in another world.

What's most impressive to me, is that a group of 10+ people was able to keep this event secret for over two weeks!!! That is unheard of in a hotel (let alone in a planning office) - nothing is ever secret. Not to mention I tend to spoil every surprise for myself anyway.

Although I wasn't technically "SURPRISED" I was still surprised with everything they had done, the room looked great! Not to mention their generous gifts, and the flat breads and the Boston Cream Pie Cupcake they got specially for me.

Here are some pictures, they are not the best quality, but I did want to share to put my belly into perspective - it is quite huge.

Particularly here sitting down - I think I look more uncomfortable than what I feel...

Of course I couldn't resist sharing this very typical one of me... pretty sure I was screaming something across the room...

No comments:

Family Picture 2020

Family Picture 2020

Family Picture 2019

Family Picture 2019

Family Picture 2017

Family Picture 2017

Family Picture 2016

Family Picture 2016

Family Picture 2015

Family Picture 2015

Christmas Picture 2011

Christmas Picture 2011

Family Picture 2009

Family Picture 2009
Thanks for reading! Come back Soon!