Monday, January 21, 2013

Happy Heart

My brother has been gone for over a week. He is traveling on pilgrimage with other priests and brothers through Central America. He sends emails whenever he has access to computer. For a while they were "traveling with armed guards"...

As when anyone travels, you don't expect them to call home. If you don't hear from them, then that means they are doing just fine. Well, this evening my cell phone rang and the incoming call was from an odd area code. Who is calling me from 914 area code? North Carolina? no.... I'll let it go to voice mail and I'll check it  after 9:00pm (once I get free minutes).... no... maybe I should just answer it.

So I answer and it was my brother! Calling from some magic jack - with a telephone hooked up to the computer. We only got to speak for like 10 minutes but it was great! He had so much to tell me I had so much to ask him.

We hung up and my heart was so happy! The things we take for granted... the ability to grab the phone and and speak with whoever you want, on demand.


No comments:

Family Picture 2020

Family Picture 2020

Family Picture 2019

Family Picture 2019

Family Picture 2017

Family Picture 2017

Family Picture 2016

Family Picture 2016

Family Picture 2015

Family Picture 2015

Christmas Picture 2011

Christmas Picture 2011

Family Picture 2009

Family Picture 2009
Thanks for reading! Come back Soon!