Saturday, July 7, 2012

Going Green

Finally, the Aldredge Household is joining the recycling world and going green. A few weeks ago this bin was dropped off at our house:

A week after that, they dropped off a letter indicating what all we can and cannot put in it. We can put newspapers, soda cans, food cans and High-Density Polyethylene plastics - or in layman terms, plastics that have the 2 inside the recycling symbol.

At first I was super skeptical about the whole recycling situation - #1, we don't drink very many cokes or eat out of cans anymore. #2, we don't get the newspaper. #3, we don't drink milk and I don't see very many plastic containers sitting around.

Boy did I proof myself wrong. I find myself inspecting every plastic container in my house hoping to recycle it (and get mad when I come across one that's actually not recyclable). I have since learned that not all plastic containers are created equal, some are PETE (instead of HDPE), those are the ones with the 1 inside the recycling symbol (and for the most part, clear plastic).

I'm going to find another container and put all the other things this one container won't hold, such as PETEs, glass, cardboard and just take it to the recycling center in the city of Byron, GA.

Excited!

No comments:

Family Picture 2020

Family Picture 2020

Family Picture 2019

Family Picture 2019

Family Picture 2017

Family Picture 2017

Family Picture 2016

Family Picture 2016

Family Picture 2015

Family Picture 2015

Christmas Picture 2011

Christmas Picture 2011

Family Picture 2009

Family Picture 2009
Thanks for reading! Come back Soon!