Sunday, May 13, 2012

Travel World Gone Virtual

Earlier today I found the Fly Delta app and immediately downloaded it (I've had this phone over a year and I'm still intrigued by all the apps out there). I logged in and it brought up our upcoming flights for tomorrow to go to Nicky's wedding.

Later on in the evening, I got a notification from the app telling me it was time to check in.

Feeling adventurous, I went ahead and checked us in... from my phone. So now we have virtual boarding passes!! Tomorrow I'll just have to show my virtual boarding pass at check-in counter when I drop my bag, then I show my phone again at security where they will scan the bar code and then again before boarding where they'll scan it again.

I know some of you out there who travel more than me and are more "up to date" on all these apps probably think this is "soooo 4 years ago" but to me this is amazing. I remember in college (not even 10 years ago) we were taught how to fill out a paper ticket in travel class... then came electronic tickets you could print from home... after that came checking-in from home and printing your boarding pass before heading to the airport... today, not only do we no longer need a ticket, we no longer need a boarding pass.

All I need to worry about is making sure my phone stays charged (which sometimes can be a bigger headache than keeping up with the paper ticket, the boarding pass and the valid form of ID).

No comments:

Family Picture 2016

Family Picture 2016

Family Picture 2015

Family Picture 2015

Christmas Picture 2011

Christmas Picture 2011

Family Picture 2009

Family Picture 2009
Thanks for reading! Come back Soon!