Friday, October 14, 2011

Things That Make You Go: Hmmmmm...

Today on my way home from work, I stopped at Wendy's (I was treating myself after my first week of my new job... okay? okay).

The interaction at the drive-thru went like this:

I order the best sandwich in the fast-food-spicy-sandwich world, with a Coke, of course.

Girl at window #1: What other drink do you want? The Coke is out.
Me: The Coke is OUT? (if you ever catch me drinking a soda, it will more than likely always be a Coca-Cola Classic).
Girl at window #1: Yeah, what other drink do you want?
Me: ................................... I don't want another drink, I'd like a discount (oh yes I did!).
Girl at window #1: ...................... a discount?!
Me: yes please, I don't want any other drink besides a Coke, so I'd like a discount.
Girl at window #1: oh, the Coke just got fixed.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....

Now, why couldn't she just have said something like:
"I apologize, our Coke is out, we are replacing it, do you mind waiting, or would you like another drink?"

I don't know.

I do know that I tasted that coke before I drove off because sometimes when you get the first drink after the syrup has been changed, the coke comes out tasting funny. This one tasted fine, the Girl at window #2 had the smarts and said "I let it run before I fixed yours". I was happy.

1 comment:

Cristina said...

One of our hens is named Number Six. :)

Family Picture 2020

Family Picture 2020

Family Picture 2019

Family Picture 2019

Family Picture 2017

Family Picture 2017

Family Picture 2016

Family Picture 2016

Family Picture 2015

Family Picture 2015

Christmas Picture 2011

Christmas Picture 2011

Family Picture 2009

Family Picture 2009
Thanks for reading! Come back Soon!