Thursday, September 17, 2009

Technology Has Arrived

I'm thinking that this post is going to bring home exactly where I've been living for the past almost 6 years of my life (the middle of nowhere, where everything works "the old way")... but then again, maybe not, maybe what I'm about to tell is not a standard out there. So either way here it goes:

I went to see the local doctor this afternoon because I've been having a sharp pain on my wrist for almost 3 weeks. I go in to the little exam room and the nurse comes in to take my temperature, blood pressure, etc. She has a mini laptop where she enters in all the information as she gets it from me.

Then the doctor comes in also with a mini laptop and she also enters stuff into it. Finally I realize what's going on... they have electronic patient charts!! WOW. So by then I am in awe, so I have to comment on it. I tell the doctor how it's so neat that they keep everything in the computers. She looks at me and shrugs her shoulders (in a polite manner, she wasn't rude) and said something along the lines of: can't imagine it any other way.

Hmmm... not sure about civilization out there but that type of technology is just not a normal thing in Eatonton, Georgia.

So finally I go to leave and they give me a prescription:


Yup - they printed it from their electronic chart, with an electronic signature and everything.

P.S. - the doctor says I have tendinitis...

No comments:

Family Picture 2020

Family Picture 2020

Family Picture 2019

Family Picture 2019

Family Picture 2017

Family Picture 2017

Family Picture 2016

Family Picture 2016

Family Picture 2015

Family Picture 2015

Christmas Picture 2011

Christmas Picture 2011

Family Picture 2009

Family Picture 2009
Thanks for reading! Come back Soon!