Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Live Past, Accept and Trust

There are some things in life that are hard to cope with. They happen and we get mad, terribly mad, yet we have no control over them. We simply have to take a deep breath and accept (the difficult fact) that this has happened.

This can be applied to all sorts of happenings accross the board. The reason I bring it up is because today, on the way home from work, a rock hit my windshield and left a big ugly hole on my windshield (not really a hole, but that funny star-looking thing windshields do when rocks hit them. I'm obviously having a hard time explaining what we all know I'm talking about... I'm referring to this.

I got scared as soon as I heard the loud noise. Then I got mad as I looked for the evidence that a rock had hit my windshield. I couldn't find it (because it's low on the windshield) so I kept driving home happy and thankfully. Closer to home I lean forward and find IT. Oh I got so mad!!!

So many thoughts went through my mind:
- how much is it going to cost to repair it?
- how long will it last like this before cracking the whole windshield?
- will it make it through the cold winter?
- did the car in front of me fling the rock?

So here I am. With a funky windshield and absolutley no control on why this happened. I just have to accept that it happened and live with the consequences of something I did not ask for.

Ever notice how we always have to have a reason "why" behind everything? If we were look at it on a larger scale, we would go crazy... why do people get sick? why do they die? why do deadly storms hit?

Do we not have the spiritual capacity and trust to simply accept (and make the best of) what is given to us every day? Human nature tends to blame someone or something right away after something bad (out of our control) happens.

It's up to us to learn how to live past, accept and trust.

1 comment:

Heather said...

I needed this today, Thank you!

Family Picture 2020

Family Picture 2020

Family Picture 2019

Family Picture 2019

Family Picture 2017

Family Picture 2017

Family Picture 2016

Family Picture 2016

Family Picture 2015

Family Picture 2015

Christmas Picture 2011

Christmas Picture 2011

Family Picture 2009

Family Picture 2009
Thanks for reading! Come back Soon!